Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Some Sad and Sucky News

Well today has been an overwhelming day. As some of you know, I got a phone call from one of my doctor's associates asking me to call. I called to find out that my doctor, the only one in the group to do V-bacs, had to leave for at least 2 weeks for a family emergency. It is his daughter who is very ill and on a ventilator. I don't know what happened, just that it was unexpected and it is very serious. Please pray for him and his family.

The doctor precedes to tell me that no other doctor in the Mission OB/GYN group feels comfortable inducing me and giving me the opportunity to try for the natural delivery. This is despite the fact that I have had 2, yes 2, babies naturally since my c-sections. So my options at that point were -


1. wait for my doctor to come back,which would be in no less than 2 weeks (I am due in 9 days), but if I go into labor before he returns, they would do the C-section anyway

2. try to find another doctor by next week in a different group that will do the V-bac - and be accepted by my insurance, that will take a new patient one week before they are due

3. come in on Thursday and have the unnecessary surgery that probably could have been avoided

So, after much deliberating, crying, swearing, discussing, and all the other stuff, we opted to just go ahead and schedule the c-section for Thursday evening at 6pm. Needless to say, I will be in the hospital a tad bit longer than expected, probably until Monday instead of Saturday, and then onto my folks until Wednesday.

The point of all this is, please come and see me on Fri, Sat, or Sun or call me at my parents and come see me Tuesday or Wednesday. I will be out there for almost a full week and will need to make all happy positive memories to go along with the best memory, the birth of our little girl. I don't know when I'll be able to come out again, but hope that I will heal quickly. I would also appreciate all your prayers over the next few days. My spirits are better than they were a few hours ago, but I am still broken hearted about things being changed so dramatically and so last minute.

Bottom line is - God is in control and must know something I don't know and stepped in and re-planned it, so I know it's all going to be okay, but I still would love your prayers. :)

If you already got this in my e-mail - sorry, there are some people that I don't e-mail addresses for. :(

2 comments:

Shan said...

I am praying for you right now sister! Just remember that God is in control of everything! Give that anxiety to him! I'm praying for a quick and easy delivery and for speedy healing (even though your a stud) I will for sure be coming by to see you & babita!! XOXO hang in there!!!!

Cathi Hamen said...

We will be there!!!!
Good luck girl!